Friday, January 2, 2009

2009!!

Rang in the new year at home in PJ's with friends. The holidays were great but I am so glad they are over......I am actually tired of eating all the goodies and cooking. I felt kinda exhausted yesterday. We had Amy Mike's sister with disabilities over for christmas Sun. she lived in my foster care home for 7 years until she got to aggressive due to her brain not able to control her impulses. Any way every time I see her she makes me nuts but I love her dearly and miss her. She truly feels like my sister!! We had some pretty crazy times. It also always makes me a little bit sad that she has such significant disabilities that only allows me to see her now for short periods of time. She would have been someone I would have spent a lot of time with she has a wonderful sense of humor. I am sure she got it from my mother in law.

Ok enough of that!! Out to eat again!! Tonight with friends martini's are suppose to be good. After trying a new restaurant last week and getting deathly ill from the food. I hope this one doesn't do me in if so I will give up on eating in Salem! Then to clean up christmas decor Saturday. That should take me all day.

Jake goes back to Ohio State so we will again go out to eat in Portland to tell him good bye. I wish we would have had more time to see him but I have to remember that he is 19 and we are just not that cool!!

Well I am super late getting off to work! I stayed up late working so my day would be not so crazy and here I am tired and wasting time on the computer to stress me out about being late! It is so fun to be me sometimes........I guess who is going to care??? ME......

1 comment:

Jean McKendrick said...

I am glad someone else still has their Christmas stuff still up. Everyone in Pendleton had it down before I left. I am busy doing all the chores associated with coming home from a trip (unpacking, grocery shopping, etc.) and haven't touched Christmas yet.
I am with you though, tired of eating all the goodies and going out to eat but thankful I have a life that allows me to do those things. I went and bought lots of healthy things to cook for dinners, O.K. so fettucini isn't so healthy.
Walmart went 75% off today.